I am a librarian and associate professor at Oregon State University. I am the library liaison to International Programs; the School of Language, Culture, and Society; and the School of Arts and Communication. I began working at OSU Libraries & Press in September 2006.
My current research interests include social justice in higher education, the internationalization of higher education, language justice, and undergraduate student engagement with libraries.
In the summer of 2018 I will again be co-leading a short-term study abroad for undergraduate students: Information and Global Social Justice: Barcelona.
I have a MLIS from the University of Washington (2006), an MS in College Student Services Administration with a minor in Women Studies from Oregon State University (1999), and a BSEd in English from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
My current national and international involvement in librarianship includes (but is not limited to):
- International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression (FAIFE) Advisory Committee (member)
- American Library Association (member)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (member)
- REFORMA (member)
- El Profesional de la Información, English revisions/copyeditor
- Co-coordinator of the sister library partnership between OSU Libraries and The Federal University of Abeokuta, Nigeria Library.