I am a librarian and associate professor at Oregon State University. I am the library liaison to international programs; the School of Language, Culture, and Society; and the School of Arts and Communication. I began working at OSU Libraries & Press in September 2006.
My current research interests include Wikipedia in education, social justice in higher education, language justice, and undergraduate student engagement with libraries.
In the summer of 2020 I will again be co-leading a short-term study abroad for undergraduate students: Information and Global Social Justice: Barcelona.
I have a MLIS from the University of Washington (2006), an MS in College Student Services Administration with a minor in Women Studies from Oregon State University (1999), and a BSEd in English from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
My current national and international involvement in librarianship includes (but is not limited to):
- International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression (FAIFE) Advisory Committee (member)
- American Library Association (member)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (member)
- REFORMA (member)
- El Profesional de la Información, English revisions/copyeditor
- Co-coordinator of the sister library partnership between OSU Libraries and The Federal University of Abeokuta, Nigeria Library.